How Do You Organize A Cause And Effect Essay: Structure Rules To Remember
When writing an essay, there are many different elements to be considered. The first step is always to choose a topic if you're not given one and then to research the topic. There's also the overall style and structure to think about - in this case we're talking about a cause and effect essay.
Your writing must be structured differently depending on the required style. Even if you're used to writing many assignments, you may not have ever written one with a cause and effect structure. This article will aim to detail the structure so that you can write an excellent assignment!
Structure Rules to Remember For a Cause and Effect Essay
This structure is easier to understand if broken down into five simple sections, which are discussed below.
- Introduction. The very start, the same as almost any other assignment that you've ever written. I would advise leaving this until the rest is finished - this sounds counter-intuitive, but it's much easier to introduce a topic once the rest is written. You should use this section to give some background information and to describe the purpose of the essay.
- Description of the "Cause". This is the next logical step in a paper like this - this is the section where the writer must provide facts about the current situation (or the "cause") with enough detail to ensure that the reader understands. This should also be structured, so it leads easily to the next section: the effect.
- Description of the "Effect". The first thing to do in this section is describe the effects in detail. Next, you should explain exactly how the causes mentioned previously lead to the effects you just mentioned.
- Once the reader knows the causes, effects, and how one leads to the other, then it's time to move onto the next section: the explanation. This is where you should explain the relationship between the cause and effect. Essentially, this is the section where you analyse the overall cause-effect situation and describe that objective analysis to your readers.
- Finally, we come to the end of the essay: the conclusion. This is, once again, the same as any other assignment that you've written. This is where you sum up the whole article and offer some final analysis and comments.
This article covers all of the main points that you need to know to help you write an excellent cause and effect essay with perfect structuring.